questions/suggestions about the os dev series

Feedback? Questions? Comments? All discussions on the articles and tutorials hosted or developed by us go in here.

Moderator:Moderators

accelleon
questions/suggestions about the os dev series

Post by accelleon » Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:09 am

Will the graphics section and kernel section meet later in the tutorials because i can think of a reason why they should (or need to, based on the topics you'll cover later):

If are going to cover loading and displaying bitmaps or GUI later the two tutorials will have to meet.

Maybe you could also give visual studio 2010 examples because i converted the most recent demo to 2010 and there were a couple issues with the options but not the code.

i got two linker errors when i tried compiling under 2010:

A:\KRNL32.EXE : fatal error LNK1295: '/DYNAMICBASE' not compatible with '/DRIVER' specification; link without '/DYNAMICBASE'

A:\KRNL32.EXE : fatal error LNK1295: '/NXCOMPAT' not compatible with '/DRIVER' specification; link without '/NXCOMPAT'

setting /DYNAMICBASE to /DYNAMICBASE:NO doesn't work and setting /NXCOMPAT to /NXCOMPAT:NO doesn't work either. instead you have to delete the text in the following fields:
Randomize Base Address
Data Execution Prevention
(this is for visual studio 2010 only and this only needs to be done to the Kernel project)

if you want help i could convert the projects to 2010 for you then email them to you or something.

Warsome

Re: questions/suggestions about the os dev series

Post by Warsome » Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:27 pm

Please read my post located here for Visual Studio 2010 :)