Bochs/problem...

If you are new to OS Development, plan on spending some time here first before going into the other forums.

Moderator:Moderators

Insightsoft
Bochs/problem...

Post by Insightsoft » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:17 am

Hi,

I'm experiencing a strange problem.
My OS runs fine on:
-physical machine;
-VirtualBox;
-Parallels;

was running correctly on Bochs... but now I'm getting the invalid TSS... Is it a bochs bug? Have anyone experienced this kind of behavior?
(i'm using the last version)

Thanks

linuxfreak

Re: Bochs/problem...

Post by linuxfreak » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:35 am

I have also been haveing a bad experience with the latest version of bochs - it seems to be problematic, but thats just an assumption. My os also works on real pc and virtual box, but no on bochs - it doesnt want to boot correctly.

Jean-Pierre:

Insightsoft

Post by Insightsoft » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:50 pm

Well, if it runs fine on pm (physical machine) and on the top paid virtualizer's software... and even so it's probably booting wrongly... how can I certificate that i'm free of bugs???

And on bochs was also booting fine

linuxfreak

Post by linuxfreak » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:40 pm

I have found that virtualbox and also microsoft virtual pc does not work correctly(the try to emulate a pc) im saying this bacause a while back i ran my os fine on virtual box and ms virtual pc. It ran like a dream, once i started to test it on the pm and vmware, i got a gpf(general protection fault). Both pm and vmware returned the same error. Ran it on virtualbox again - works fine. I am not sure about parallels though.

The best way to make sure you are bug free is to test it on more that one pm or use vmware, cause they seen to return the "right stuff". I would suggest that you leave out bochs - it looked dodgy from the start.
The Anti-Microsoft revolution has begun, and soon Apple will take over the universe. The world is primed for war - someone should just take the first blow.