A contradiction in comment and code in demo4 stage2

If you are new to OS Development, plan on spending some time here first before going into the other forums.

Moderator:Moderators

uddalak
A contradiction in comment and code in demo4 stage2

Post by uddalak » Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:08 am

Hello friends :D
There is a contradiction in the comments and in the code used in the Demo4 stage2 bootloader...
The comments are saying that we are loading the Root Directory in linear address 0x7e00 but the code actually loading the Root Directory at linear address 0x2e00.
Same case for the FAT tables..the comments says that it is being loaded at linear address 0x7c00 that is in the boot loader location...but the code actually loading it in linear address 0x2c00.

Am I right ?

Please response if you see this problem...If not please inform me what is the actual location of the Root Directory and FAT tables in demo 4 stage2.... :roll:
Last edited by uddalak on Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mike
Site Admin

Re: A contradiction in comment and code in demo4 stage2

Post by Mike » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:38 pm

Hello,

Sorry for the late response. Ignore the comments please :) It would seem the code was updated but the comments was not. I will see about fixing that.

Overall, it would be better to have a small allocator in the 2nd stage bootloader that would both resolve problems like this and make the code more manageable.
Lead Programmer for BrokenThorn Entertainment, Co.
Email: webmaster@brokenthorn.com